Welcome to the Cooperation Birmingham Forum. Introduce yourself here

Hi all - as more of you might see it this way I wanted to let you know we’ve a meeting at 5pm today that is open to those interested in helping out with the project. You can see announcements of all our meetings on this forum under the meetings category and access minutes to previous ones that way too.

You don’t have to come to meetings to volunteer, though, if you’d rather just be put to work on a specific task let us know.

Hi! I’m Steph, I’m healthy (so far), DBS-checked, have a bike, and am keen to get involved :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi everyone! I’m Rose and want to help out in whatever way I can. I have a car so can drop off things if needed, just let me know!

3 Likes

Hi Dylan,

great work, a few questions?
how do you know where the people who want to help live and how to best to connect with them.
if you have a basic leaflet with a contact number for the hub(warehouse cafe), them from there we can find out the people and places to deliver food do. I do sugest someone making leaflets, i can give them out with a group of volunteers in my area. areas in Birmingham. Thank you. Toqueer

We are just working on a leaflet as we speak, will be ready in a day or so. I don’t know how we’ll print it though. Do you have any capacity to print your own copies?

hi ben, do ask the warehouse cafe staff, upstairs there is Birmingham friends of the earth have a printer, if you ask the warehouse cafe staff, if you could use the printer, im sure they will help you talk to someone at Birmingham friends of the earth. I can put leaflet through doors in my area in Springfeild or go with a team of volunteers to do it in other local areas- small health, sparkhill ect. I think its worth having a outraech plan.

Thanks, toqueer

1 Like

Hi, I’m Sandra, I live in Stirchley, can get around on my bicycle, or borrow a car if needed. I can drive a van and have level 2 food safety cert. I work part time for The Active Wellbeing Society (currently deployed at pop up food bank in Druids Heath) and part time for Localise West Midlands (currently working from home).

4 Likes

Hi everybody,

I’m Kez, I work in local govt and will be working from home for the foreseeable future. I’ve been given permission to take time to volunteer, and have been looking for opportunities but everything is a bit sporadic and mostly oversubscribed so haven’t done much yet.

I spend my time between Bearwood and Selly Oak, and have a car and a bicycle with a sturdy pannier bag. Happy to help with deliveries, and anything else I can be of use for.

Thanks,
Kez

4 Likes

There are now 66 users on the forum! :open_mouth: Welcome everyone and excited to see people getting stuck in.

1 Like

Hi there, I’m Kevin (legal name Karnpreet, nickname Kevin, no idea where my parents got that idea from) and live out in Smethwick but can commute out across Birmingham! I work as a secondary school Science teacher and outside of that I’m active in various movements, including a recently formed urban farming collective in the West Midlands! Got experience with running a business prior to teaching as well so can lend a hand with all the different roles you have available from kitchen work to finance/fund raising etc.

3 Likes

Hi! Glad to see you on the forum :slight_smile: - the urban farming collective sounds super interesting. Is there anything I can look at to learn more or could you explain more what you are doing?

1 Like

Hi
I’m Gary from the Handsworth Association of Schools. We are working with many Handsworth schools to support families who may be unable to find food and other essentials because of the impact of COVID-19 on their income. We are looking for others whom we can work with, foodbanks, food donations, If you can help our local families. please contact me on garybowman01@gmail.com

Hi all - there will be a meeting for all volunteers tonight at 6.30pm. If you’ve already been in touch with us you should have gotten an e-mail, apologies if you didn’t.

The link to join is here: https://meet.jit.si/BenignBacteriaPlanObnoxiously

I’ve pinned this post globally which means people should see it and have a chance to introduce themselves when they first join the forum. There’s 75 people on here now! and a whopping 91 people on the volunteer database :slight_smile:

Hi my name is Ali and I’ll be helping out where I can. I’m based in Moseley and I work as a photographer and a safety trainer. I’ve spent time in the military so I’m good at turning my hand to a few things. I will mainly be driving but happy to support with back room tasks, some photography and personal safety advice for the drivers. Nice to virtually meet you all.

3 Likes

Hello I’m Daniel, I’ve got involved to help with volunteer co-ordination. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi gentle folks. Just joined the happy crew and hope to get cracking soon.

2 Likes

Hi everyone, I have just volunteered for more or less anything, based in Yardley Wood, but can travel

1 Like

Hi, I’m Caroline, live in Hall Green and am looking forward to being of some use at this time :slight_smile: nice to meet you all :+1:t3:

2 Likes

Hi guys, since I had not introduced myself so far… I am Carlos and I live in Moseley, been living in B13/B14 for the last ~7 years of my life and I have been volunteering so far as a delivery driver but looking to lend a hand on the tech and management side of things as those are my areas of expertise.

2 Likes