Request for loan: Coop Cycle Birmingham:

Hi, I’m writing from Coop Cycle Birmingham. We’re hoping to go live in the next couple of weeks, and we need to buy some bags for food deliveries. The ones we would like to buy cost £50 each.

We need 2 of these at present: is Cooperation Birmingham able to loan Coop Cycle £100 to buy these bags?

Thanks,

Sylvia

1 Like

Hi Sylvia - financially that would be no problem but we would need to pass it as a motion. When do you need them by? Normally we would take a vote at our Sunday meeting but if you need the money sooner we could do a forum vote.

Thanks Ben!
We need them by Friday 10th July, to order them this weekend at the latest, to be safe. So maybe a forum vote if that’s okay?

Thanks, and let me know what info you need.

Sylvia

Vote is taking place here:

https://testing.forum.cooperationbirmingham.org.uk/t/proposal-to-pay-100-for-coopcycle-bags/445/2

@SylviaBarnett I think maybe it would be best for CoopBrum to make a lump sum donation (£500?) to Coop Cycle Brum at some point. When you have a bank account setup for example.

@Lai thanks: the bank account is going to be set up by the end of this week. We need to order the bags by this weekend in order to have them in time for our first proper shift with Warehouse Cafe.

1 Like

Proposal was approved unanimously - @SylviaBarnett can you let me know a bank account so I can make the transfer tonight?

1 Like

Hi Ben,

Sorry this is late; we’ve had some problems with the bank account and it still hasn’t been set up fully yet.

I’ve fronted the money for the bags and can let you know the account details once it’s set up.

Thanks,

Sylvia