Organising meeting Sunday 19th 6.30pm

The poll in now closed next organising meeting will be next Sunday 19th of April at 6.30pm. I you would like to discuss any issues at the meeting, reply to this message and we’ll add your suggestions to the agenda.

3 Likes
  • Volunteer shifts management
  • Spacing up drivers shifts
  • Avoiding burnout for volunteers. Where do we need more capacity? Where do we need volunteers?
  • Code of conduct is being worked on here: Code of conduct for coop brum activites
  • Put minutes of meetings in same thread as meeting announcement
  • Decisions category on forum for decisions
  • Mask update : where next
  • podcast

Proposal to make a regular payment to The Junk Food Project. £50 per week? A gesture of exchange for the considerable food items that have been directed to Solidarity Kitchen.

-Fareshare update and agreement on whether to go forward
-On-going expenses and new ways to fundraise (e.g. membership, patreon)

@Sergio what is the meeting link?

Meeting Minutes

Done
  • Volunteer shifts management - Carlos
  • Spacing up drivers shifts - Carlos
  • Avoiding burnout for volunteers. Where do we need more capacity? Where do we need volunteers? - Leo
  • Code of conduct is being worked on here: Code of conduct for coop brum activites - Leo - quick announcement
  • Put minutes of meetings in same thread as meeting announcement - Leo - quick request
  • Decisions category on forum for decisions - Leo
  • Mask update : where next - Sean
  • Proposal to make a regular payment to The Junk Food Project. £50 per week? A gesture of exchange for the considerable food items that have been directed to Solidarity Kitchen. - Paul
  • Fareshare update and agreement on whether to go forward - Dylan
  • On-going expenses and new ways to fundraise (e.g. membership, patreon) -Dylan
  • Cherries -  ciara
  • Update on petrol spreadsheet - Ben
  • Social media / gofundme - Nina
  • Podcast - Sean

ToDo

Present: Leo, Nina, Sergio, Ben, Carlos, Ciara, Dylan, Kae, Paul, Sean, Dean

no 

Check in
1.Volunteer shifts management
 Carlos- Would like to Leaving a 7 day gap between driver shifts 
Sergio - we dont have a protocol written down yet. any new points raised are useful. It's better to contact a member rather than emailing.
sergio offered to make an organisational structure and will work on it tomorrow.
Dylan- points out the existance of volunteer working group.
Leo- maybe a tech solution for rotaing, but please suggest other ideas.

2.Spacing up drivers shifts
requires seperate discussion


3.Avoiding burnout for volunteers. Where do we need more capacity? Where do we need volunteers?
Sergio- Everything happened so fast that we didn't get to properly create working groups. 
Leo- tell leo and sean. theyre thinking about coop development
Carlos- having the same driver rotas means theres less disengagement and it is safer. 
Nina- agreement

Leo- things to do with driver technicalities can be discussed in a different meeting.


4.Code of conduct is being worked on here: Code of conduct for coop brum activites 
announcement that leo and sean are working on a code of conduct 

5.Put minutes of meetings in same thread as meeting announcement
Leo- It's odd having seperate threads. Just wanted to ask if there was any preference.
Sergio- It's good having a seperate thread for minutes. Perhaps we should have both

6.Decisions category on forum for decisions 
Leo-internal procedures for decision making. one thing that might be good is if we make decisions. We need a place for documenting decisions.The content can take any form appropriate for that decision.
Carlos- in agreement. For more critical decisions we should have certain people who have to be involved
Leo- there is always going to be a compromise due to the pandemic. We don't want beurocrasy but actually we want transparancy.
Sergio- We should have a meeting solely to discuss this or present a proposal beforehand. 
Nina- If the decision making process/ code of conduct is general and can be expanded to other Coop Brum activities or is it specific to the SK?
leo proposal- maybe we could make a template. all important decisions are accountable in these meetings and minutes are posted publicly.
Sean- ninas issue was, our official decision making thing is a meeting. Leo wants to have them on the forum. We shouldnt have decisions being made on signal. the decision to have them on hte forum or meeting is seperate to signal.
sergio- Leos point is not that. we need to make all our decisions to be more transparent. people who just joined the forum cannot see working groups.
Leo- there is a thread on the forum describing how this works. 
the proposal is- always documenting who has made important descisions on the forum.

https://forum.cooperationbirmingham.org.uk/t/understanding-the-forum-working-group-catergories-access/222

Carlos- to add the that. We should always document who is responsible for making descisions. We should have a form to fill out for people who want to be involved in descision making.
Leo- IM GONNA MAKE THE TEMPLATE. 
Kae- all volunteers should be allowed to make descisions we don't need a form.
CARLOS- I didnt know how to get involved, maybe this form will help with onboarding people.
Proposal passes. with addition of making template.

https://forum.cooperationbirmingham.org.uk/t/about-the-decisions-category/288
This post is an wiki.

7.Mask update : where next 
Sean- we had a meeting on friday, we had 5 ppl show up. MASK MAKING :) They are all actively making masks. In the health and safety protocol we reccomend masks so we should probably be giving people masks. maybe we should give out ppe packages also containing info about us and safety. Basing this off cooperation jackson protocol. made 50 masks. we could use delivery drivers to pick up masks.
issue- could be whole wing of project thats almost as big as the kitchen. We don't just need volunteers who can make masks, we need volunteers who can source materials. a lot to do with packaging and producing them. does solidaity project want to buy the masks off ppl? etc etc
Sergio-worth thinking about expanding health and saftey ppl to encompass the mask making ppl.
sergio- when we get the masks we bung them in the machine at the warehouse immedietly.
Carlos- you should be responsible for washing your own mask. Regarding materials, do we have any contacts who can provide materials? has a friend in material industry contact the person. the email address is masks@cooperationbirmingham.co.uk

12.Fareshare update and agreement on whether to go forward 
fareshare want to deliver food to us. one of the things is that this agreement is only for the duration of the lockdown. we'll have to go trhough their membership process again. They do charge for deliveries, what they said in the email is that how much food we get is determined by weight. £30 A week for the amount of food we need.
Paul- £30 doesnt sound like a lot, depends on what theyll be providing. trjfp already gets their food from fareshare. I've been picking it up in my van.
Dylan- 80kg of food for £30 would cover quite a lot of what we need.

Dylan- we need to think about how to get a more regular income. for ppl who are still working from home, they might be up for giving a certain amount per week etc. if we can do this quickly that will help quite a lot.
Leo- next open meeting on finances and spending.
Sean- from the gofundme, if we do updates it emails all the ppl who have donated so far. if we announce the masks as a new project and setting up gocardless would be a good way of introducing it. it looks odd to do a fundraiser without a stretched goal and talking about future plans.
paul- we have spent £500 in the past two weeks. not including utilities, so our costs will be around £700 a week
dean- petrol cost is about £200 a week.
Ben- we dont have a projection of about how much meals cost.
ciara- ah! i was meant to do that sorry
ben- I dont know what more we need to do to get an accurate impression of how much things are costing.
Leo- maybe we cant do costing until we have a full finance meeting. 


8.podcast - Sean
sean- done the first mini podcast. hasnt gone down super well- podcast is a great idea, maybe we should have a thread on the forum or a little group to discuss etc. has lots of ideas but no capacity
carlos- for the podcast for the future we could do some video instead of a podcast. when recording the podcast then maybe pop on the webcam.
nina- someone said they could do a video of the solidarity kitchen. shes super willing to go to the kitchen and film everything.
sergio- to wrap up the meeting, if everyone is okay i will create a poll and we can see when

9.Cherries   (also stirchley  baths)
cherries wants to bake for us, dave hampson specifically.
theyre very lovely people. they wanna make dessert for us
everyone in favour
paul- if we want to scale up the kitchen instead maybe we could start doubling up shifts in the kitchen, 2 shifts starting early in the morning and one starting in the afternoon
ciara- we can do 200 portions per shift possibly.
nina- in relationsh to delivery, we should see how many meals are actually delivered.

sean- gonna find out tomorrow if we could use stirchley baths and scale up to stirchley. the problem we have is do we have enough chefs we could trust. if we were gonna have a second kitchen doing meal.
ciara- worrying sbout chefs not having the same politics if they come in.
leo- that links to the code of conduct definitely


10.Proposal to make a regular payment to The Junk Food Project. £50 per week? A gesture of exchange for the considerable food items that 
havebeen directed to Solidarity Kitchen.



13.On-going expenses and new ways to fundraise (e.g. membership, patreon) 
Test GoCardless form: https://pay.gocardless.com/flow/RE000ZW1CW91TGE4K2KMH78YESTWJVC6



BEN PETROL SPREADSHEET POINT- 
it turns out that backroom havent done the pretol spreadsheet for the next few days. ben has had to take all of this on last minute. it IS in the backroom protocol but people have NOT been doing it. disapointing that it hasnt been done.
leo- thinks the drivers should have to submit their own miliage- perhaps a form.
sophie- its better if we do it, its literally a five minute job but we just need to make sure we do it
nina- also thinks backroom three should do it
a lot of technical chats about the spreadsheet and the calculations.

social media/gofundme
nina- suggests to push the gofundme more on social media as less people are donating to the gofundme
sergio- we should push after we've gone cardles
kae- no pushing of it on socials
nina- let's promote it again! <3 also how long do we want to keep this project going for?
leo- it would only take a few days to get the gocardless up and running.


Did we miss @Paul’s proposal of £50 for TRJFP?

@ben we decided to delay it for the next meeting which will be finance focussed.