Organising meeting - Sunday 16th August - 18:30

Agenda:

• Kitchen utility costs
  • Meal proposal
  • Proposal - end the Gofundme (BH)

Sending my apologies for this evening, sorry it’s late notice.

My proposal is quite self explanatory - as we are winding up the food deliveries in a few weeks, I propose that we end the gofundme - we are hardly getting any money from it now anyway, and it was a fundraiser for a specific project. If we need to raise money in future then we should start another.

https://pad.riseup.net/p/7Z3dw6MPlPbV9FRklWpm

Hi guys!
sound good to me. Cant get into meeting but hopefully will get into next one. Happy to do anything in the kitchen on a Saturday anytime.
Pat

Present : Amelia, Paul and Sean

Agenda:

Kitchen utility costs -- - 

lots of money owed to BFOE for utilities - money also owed to the cafe for stock this all totals around 4k which is close to our total in the bank atm. We need a final clarification on the BFOE figure but in theory this is all going to be ok if very close to the wire.

Meal proposal

Paul would like to continue the Sol Kitchen as a Monday-only meal, with deliveries. Amelia noted that there would need to be a rota and that we will no longer have Routific to do the routes - mitigated by the delivery stops being the same every week. Paul happy to continue as a community cafe for a couple of weeks. Looking for funding, may be prepared to do on a volunteer basis while funding is sorted. Would like to start on the Monday after Sol Kitchen is closed.

Proposal - end the Gofundme (BH)

Let’s not for the moment as not sure what the benefit is of doing so. Pick up next week when Ben might be able to talk to it

paragon house - sean raised the issue of refugees who are not being fed properly, on one hand proper food should be provided by serco who are paid lots to do this on other we could raise the issue by doing some form of time limited food provision for them to make the point out of this. people should keep their ears open for more info about this 

Social media - sean to get video posted and finish audio podcast.

Paul would like to continue the Sol Kitchen as a Monday-only meal, with deliveries. Amelia noted that there would need to be a rota and that we will no longer have Routific to do the routes - mitigated by the delivery stops being the same every week. Paul happy to continue as a community cafe for a couple of weeks. Looking for funding, may be prepared to do on a volunteer basis while funding is sorted. Would like to start on the Monday after Sol Kitchen is closed.

I don’t agree that we should do deliveries. That was the whole reason we decided to wind down the sol kitchen in it’s current form.