Finance WG meeting 27/3/20
Attendance: Ben, Nzinga, Nina
- Check in
- Bank account
– Already ongoing
- Right now Ben is the one having access to the bank account (Punch Up one). Should we share the details?
- Donations through bank account is not that good idea in order to avoid confusion to the concept/name
- Paypal account / go cardless “subscription”,…
- Cafe bank account? for Punch Up transactions for instance. It should be solved right now. Stripe account set up (Sean?)
There is a saving’s cafe bank account that could be useful.
- £4200 operational
- cash (we’ll lack in the beginning) although we can support if for now
- Expenses: chefs would have a better idea on this /cost of delivery services associated / how much a meal costs?
- Create a forecast with (1) meal cost + cost average for utility bills/delivery fuel/any extra cost to find out how many meals would we be able to deliver without more funding, so for how long.
- Receipts “platform” where people can upload and pay them. Receipts should be fine, no claim form for now.
- Agreement with cafe staff what do they expect to receive from their contributions to the solidarity kitchen
- If they need extra 20 making up from the funding of solidarity kitchen we need to add it to the accounts
- Other ways of funding in mind?
- gofundme the main one
- we should promote the fundraiser page to get more money.
- To show transparency, to public presentation of our finances. Rolling bases of the project, like to show breakdown.
- Keep an eye on the limits of gofundme
- Talk about it with SM group
- Share projects’ finances will support other organizations/provide evidence of other running projects about main finances issues and how to support a mutual aid network.
- Nina talk to Leo - paypal account for bank transfer payments
- Nzinga find out meal cost and any expenses related to the kitchen team
- Nzinga talk with cafe staff about wages
- Ben talk to Leo about reicepts “platform”
- Raise kitchen forecast topic for next week in the next project meeting
- Social Media group talk about (1) to make contacts and get more money through promotion and (2) showing finances breakdown